Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Set a Nice Table ~ Sunday Breakfast

My husband is a wonderful cook.  A truly good cook is one who enjoys cooking and creating a good meal.  I am a truly good diner.  I think that needs no description.  So after his trip to Walmart this morning which led to the photos of the makings for dinner, he cooked breakfast.  So, already in the gotta snap a picture of everything mode, I snapped this picture!

I believe we should always set the table nicely.  We use a table cloth or placemats, sometimes both, for every meal.  Exept those meals we eat sitting in front of the television of course!  We sure do that occassionally!  Both of my grandmothers always used table cloths for every meal.  And they were not fancy women or socialites.  They were farm women who new how to make a home comfortable.  It only takes seconds, absolutely just seconds to throw on a table cloth.  And they are easy to throw in the washing machine when they get dirty.  We use cloth napkins too!  Make your meal presentation attractive and it makes meal time even nicer.  A simple table setting made this simple breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns and biscuits feel special!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to dress up my table and get some pretty new table settings! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete