Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Savannah, Georgia Trip - The Lady and Sons Restaurant

We had plans for dinner at another fabulous and famous Savannah restaurant.  We were walking to The Paris Market when my husband noticed there were no people waiting on the sidewalk at The Lady and Sons.  "Are they closed?"  We saw there were people inside so he ran over to see if we could get in for dinner while I continued on to The Paris Market.  They told him they could take us right then but he said, "in thirty minutes".  Now, just 30 minutes for me to be in The Paris Market?  He is a little dense sometimes.  I take that long in just half the first floor!  I don't know about that man.  I had to do my shopping and looking fast but I managed to buy a few things for myself and a couple of Christmas gifts!  All of that is covered in my previous post, except the items I bought.  I might show those later in the week!
THE LADY AND SONS

We took the elevator to the third floor where we were seated near the beautiful old bar.

 We were immediately served hot Cheddar Biscuits and Hoe Cakes.

  We have always had the buffet here.  I forgot they even had menus.  It is hard to pass up the chance to have Paula's fried chicken.  It is so-o-o good.  Actually, I make really delicious fried chicken...but I don't like to.  Seems The Lady and Sons like to make fried chicken.  They also make delicious mac 'n' cheese.  The buffet also includes Low Country Boil and about a thousand vegetables!  But when our server told us the day's specials we couldn't pass them up. 
~~~~
Grilled Salmon
Topped with Cilantro Butter
Served with Creamy Risotto
and Zucchini au gratin


~~~~~
12 Oz. New York Strip
With Chimichurri Creme Fraiche
Served with Shredded Parmesan
Twice Baked Potato
Sauteed Snap Beans
With Purple Onions

~~~~


Everything was incredibly delicious!  I love Grilled Salmon but the Creamy Risotto was so good I filled up on it and couldn't finish the salmon!  We have dinner in the fridge for one night now!  We shared a piece of  Gooey Butter Cake for dessert.  This was one of the best meals we have ever had.  I have to say our server was top notch!  She was so attentive and nice my husband wondered if we were her only table! 

After dinner we went to the adjoining Paula Deen Store for a little looking, shopping and wishing!  We bought one Christmas gift and got some creative ideas! 

That was fun!  Bye bye Lady and Sons...


We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment