Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

SUNDAY AFTERNOON DRIVE

SUNDAY AFTERNOON DRIVE

A hot, sunny, summer day streched before us as we hit the road.  The sky was the most amazing blue with big puffy clouds floating about.  The universe beckoned us to come explore!

I took my camera because there is a beautiful, old brick building which I have wanted to photograph for years.  I was finally going to take those pics!
Here it is!  FANCY HONEY, The Altamaha Apiaries.
Click on the pic to get an enlarged view.

When we first "discovered" this old building the front was all covered by overgrown shrubs, trees and weeds.  Someone cleared it away and gave the world this view.
It has some serious cracks in the brick front.

A perfect address!

Wow, don't you wish you could go inside?

The shed behind the building, where the drawers from the bee hives are stored.
Relics of days gone by... but there was more to see along our way!
Bamboo fields are so beautiful.
Pine trees and Palmettos.

A ceramics studio along the way.
Hmmm.... this door reminds me of an Appaloosa Horse.

Here is a wonderful little out building with an attached shed.

Great little building!

Ohhhh, what have we here?
Closer...

And closer...
Ahhhh, DRINK COCA COLA....

I absolutely love this old building!  Mmmmm-wahh!

Oh, yeah!  If we could just go in here!

An old gate which used to keep animals in or out maybe.

I think I'll go back and see if they want to sell the old metal lawn chair.

Such a comfortable old house.  I could rock on this front porch for hours.

Life is good here!
I love this house. I would trade the lattice for brick or stone and live happily ever after.

And this is a very beautiful house of worship.
~
We had a wonderful day and took in a whole lot more than what I have shared here.  I'll split the rest of the trip into a couple of more posts to keep from monopolizing all of your time!  Check back for the "crazy cars" and sun flower fields!  Love you, bye!
Ann








4 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures of those old buildings Ann! Love the gray wood, with all that weathered patina!

    that red lawn chair would look great on that porch after you removed the lattice!
    but c'mon...you don't have time for another fixer upper! ;)
    have a great day, stay cool!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gail. And you are so right! I don't have time for another fixer upper! Ha! Ha! Ha! I need to get something finished!!! You have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics of the old buildings, looks like a great way to spend the day.
    Following you as well via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a great day. I love old buildings. Thank you for following me!! It is so nice to make online friends.
      Ann

      Delete