Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

FRESH FROM THE FARMER'S MARKET

One of the best joys of summer is fresh fruit and vegetables from the Farmer's Market! 
I love to shop in Farmer's Markets.   One of my favorite vendors at our local Farmer's Market is a wonderful woman who grows her own fruits and vegetables and also makes jelly, jam and chow-chow. Her name is Maxine and she amazes me!


There is no better food than locally farm grown and fresh!

Especially FRESH RIPE CHERRIES!!!

And FRESH RIPE PEACHES!!!

Okay, I have to slice some peaches now.  I'm hungry!

2 comments:

  1. I love going to our local farmers market. Nice knowing it's grown locally and FRESH! Also bought some pickle going to try my hand on some pickling. Wish I was closer so I could nibble on some of those peaches with you and partake in some good conversation. Love you tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I wish you were too! That is great you are going to try pickling! So many of the skills of our ancestors have been lost. My mom and of course all of my other ancestors canned, pickled, made jelly and everything else. I have not done any of those and don't think I ever will. I'm glad you love my tablecloth! It is small but I love it and think it is so pretty! I bought it in a booth in an antique shop in Sevierville last week. I saw the largest collections of vintage table cloths I have ever seen! It was almost over kill on the senses. I only bought this one. What have you been up to?
      Ann

      Delete